Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Question of Age

Our youngest child and only daughter, age 13, has always always ALWAYS been the first one up in the morning.  Bright and early, bright eyed and bushy tailed (whatever that means) and impatiently waiting for the rest of us zombies to crawl out of bed. 

Lately, however, I've noticed somewhat of a shift.  Here's an exchange my husband had with my daughter this morning.

husband--pushes open door to her bedroom quietly to see if she's awake

daughter--(sleepily) it's like 6 am , what are YOU doing up?

husband--look at the clock

daughter---UGH!  It's not even 8 yet, go back to bed!

My husband then obediently came back upstairs and got back into bed.  I only have one question about this interchange between my husband and my daughter---why can't I get him to obey me that well? 

funny, funny, funny

No comments: