Friday, November 18, 2011

Young Women in Excellence

This week, we held our Young Women in Excellence program.  I'll be honest and say that I was more than a little nervous about it.  We did not get a chance to practice, and we did not have everything completely ironed out before the "moment of truth". 

The program turned out beautifully!  Our Young Women are so amazing!  Their talks were insightful, spiritual, and surprisingly honest and open.  They couldn't wait until the end to show all of their talent tables to the adults in attendance and it was an absolutely beautiful evening.

I'll admit, when I was called to serve in the Young Women, I thought Heavenly Father was either joking or that this was going to be an interesting new way to punish me.  This has not been the case at all.  Not for one minute.  I am constantly touched and amazed at these girls.  What a gift it is for me to be able to serve them.  I am grateful.

No comments: