Monday, July 18, 2011

Random thoughts

1)  Why do boys put garbage on the counter above the garbage can instead of in the garbage can?  Or dirty dishes on the counter by the sink instead of in the sink? 

2)  Why do other drivers cut you off and then slow down?

3)  Today at work, a customer put me on hold promptly after I answered my phone, only to return and give me the third degree because they got a collection letter when their bill wasn't paid?  I "held" for that????

4)  I've never been a bridesmaid.  Sad.  I think it would be super fun.  And you get a new dress!

5)  Why do we have to get dressed up for work?  We just sit at our desk all day.

6)  Sometimes change can be good, bad, scary, and wonderfully exciting all at the same time.

7)  Why do I still second guess myself when I've already received several spiritual confirmations??? 

8)  Why is practicing the piano easy, but so hard to sit down and start???

9)  Why do I hate getting wet?  Am I secretly the Wicked Witch of the West?  And if so, how come I'm not getting any royalties from that book and broadway musical written about my life???  Maybe they don't have my correct mailing address.

10)  Why do I like to eat things other people think are weird?  Like spaghetti in a tortilla like a burrito, or fried eggs on top of ramen noodles, or boiled cabbage with smoked sausage.

11)  How long do you have to read scriptures every day before you can quote them in Gospel Doctrine?  I'm going on 25 years (for the most part) and still can't do it.  I remember the story, and what I learned, but none of the names or the reference.  That has to be some sort of disability.

12)  I never, ever, ever, ever want to live in a big city again.  Or even a medium sized one.

13)  I love my job and find the work fulfilling.  But sometimes it gets so tedious and boring to me that I want to unbend paper clips and jab them into my eyeballs.

14)  Okay--done for now.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I completely agree about the second guessing yourself and so many other things on your list!