Friday, July 29, 2011

I have an opinion

I have an opinion.  I have hesitated to give any opinions on my blog other than testimony, but I am going to speak out on this one.  It is possible I am taking myself and the situation too seriously, but this is how I feel about it and I want to say something.

I have attached a link to a prayer said this past weekend at a Nascar event.  My husband, (a non member and rabid Nascar fan) showed me the video last weekend.  He was so impressed and amused.  I attempted to explain to him how offensive this was to me, but I am not nearly eloquent enough to put my feelings into words.  The fact that a public prayer from one who should be in authority would be such a casual display of attention seeking and self promotion is more than shameful in my eyes. 

I had pretty much let it go and almost forgotten about it completely until earlier this evening when I was watching a show called Trackside on Speed channel.  One of the hosts of this show is named Jeff "Hollywood" Hammond.  He is a former crew chief for Darrell Waltrip, and is an authority on all things Nascar.  I am usually a good fan of "Hollywood", but cannot support him this time I'm afraid.  Mr. Hammond had this preacher on the show and was applauding him for "getting religion out there" and making it fun and casual.  Really Jeff??  Really????

Decide for yourself. 

No comments: