Monday, September 12, 2011

Just what I needed to hear!

In case you haven't noticed, I 've been a little discouraged lately.  I went to the temple on Saturday and had a wonderful time, which made me feel a little better.  I went to church on Sunday and heard some excellent talks and lessons, which also helped me feel better.  In Sunday School, the teacher included a scripture in the lesson which to me said "this one's for you---hang in there".  It was 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.".  That promise just blows my mind.  What a wonderful thought! 

I also, tried forgetting myself and providing a little service to someone who hadn't been feeling well, and then came home, and later that evening watched the CES fireside with Elder and Sister Oaks.  Sister Oaks' portion was also directed right at me.  She's specifically speaking to singles, but I think it applies to everyone.

Elder and Sister Oaks devotional

No comments: