Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Candles

For my next favorite thing about the Christmas season--those of you who know me well probably figured it would not be long before I started talking about candles. 

Christmas candles are absolutely wonderful!  Both I and my husband look forward every year to the first week after the Thanksgiving holiday.  We go out to our nearest department store and buy a small, inexpensive package of "Christmasy" scents.  We have them burning pretty much constantly when we're home.  It makes the house smell so wonderful!  Our favorite this year is called "snowflake".  My daughter predicted it would smell like laundry detergent, but it doesn't!  It smells wonderful--kind of spicy, but not too much. 

A comment though on some of  the scents--I have NEVER been able to find a candle trying to smell like a Christmas tree that actually smells like a Christmas tree.  We found one this year.  It's wonderful!  The same smell without the nasty cleanup and crawling underneath the prickly branches to add water.  YAY!!!!

No comments: