Thursday, April 5, 2018

Is it really feminism’s fault?

i listened to an Astrology podcast while I was at work today.
The speaker suggested that the violent crime that plagues our society is st least in part due to the rise of feminism.
His argument somewhat made sense.
Men have an inherent need to be protective and women have an inherent need to nurture.
With the rise of feminism, women no longer depend on men to protect them, care for them, etc.  therefore, this need to fight off all the ickies who would hurt his family goes unmet- this- violent crime.
I say it’s a bit of a stretch, since my opinion is that those who commit violent crime do so because of a mental imbalance, which has little if anything to do with their environment. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

I think it's a bit of a stretch to give much blame to feminism for violent crime. I'm more inclined to think that environment does play a major role, although I agree that mental health also plays a role. People raised with, shall we say a relaxed sense of honesty and integrity will come to think that crime is okay to get what they want. From there it's often a short step to violence if someone interferes with them getting what they want. Just my thoughts.

Wendy Williams said...

Agreed. Jaime McEwan once gave a talk that says Satan leads you down the primrose path one shade of grey at a time. It’s one frustrating situation away from violence for a lot of criminals I think. I’ve spent much time pondering the nature vs nurture idea. I thinks it’s a little of both