Saturday, June 18, 2011

That Frodo had some great friends!

Yes, I was watching "Return of the King" again. Yes, I know I have a problem, but bear with me, will ya??? 

Let's think about this for a minute.  Frodo's friends went on a cross country hike with not enough food or water, fought off goblins and trolls with swords bigger than they were, did battle with gigantic spiders (shudder), fought the urukai (mutated beings born from tortured elves and goblins) many times each time thinking they were going to their certain death, put up with his weird obsession with jewelry, and when the burden became too great--even carried him so that he could complete the task at hand. They were all ready and willing to die right there with him so that he could complete his earthly mission. How many of us have friends like that?  How many of us ARE friends like that??? 

I have many friends who do those things for me many times over (of course I'm speaking symbolically--I do know that The Lord of the Rings is a work of fiction!).  I feel so much love and support.  I have been  blessed and blessed to have friends who will leave me alone when I need it and smother me with attention when I need it and set me straight when I need that too! 

What a wonderful blessing friendship is!  I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for placing the most wonderful people in my life so that I could benefit from their awesomeness!!!!  I only hope that I can do for them a small fraction of what they do for me! 




Just some of the most wonderful people on the planet!!! 

No comments: