Monday, May 9, 2011

Bested by a household appliance

Recently, one of our three sons, the one pictured below with our only daughter, isn't he handsome???
purchased for the family a new vacuum cleaner.

It is excellent!  Our carpets are cleaner than they've been for a while and it is very lightweight and easy to use.  However, in all of the easy "ness", the makers neglected to include an easy to reassemble after emptying the dirt out option.  I believe I spent the better part of an hour this evening attempting to attach the filter to the top of  the canister.  I finally (I was unable to find this information anywhere on the appliance, but it must be there somewhere!) able to figure out that you hook the one side and then push the entire apparatus into place and then (and only then) it snaps shut. 

WHEW!!!  It's been quite a while since I had so many curse words going through my mind!  BUT rest assured--I resisted temptation and only uttered an extremely frustrated ARGH!!!!! 

Take comfort in the fact that once the "argh" was uttered, my husband stayed upstairs until he knew I was finished. A very wise (and cute) man!!! 

No comments: